1 LB Egg Noodles
1 LB Ground Beef
1 - 8 oz. Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 - 8 oz. Can Cream of Broccoli Soup
1 - 8 oz. Can Cream of Celery Soup
1 - 8 oz. Can Tomato Soup
1.5 Tbsp. Mushroom Dust
1 Small Onion Finely Diced
2 TBSP Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
8 oz Other Favorite Cheese Shredded
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1) Boil your dried pasta according to the directions on the package, but be careful to make sure that you 'undercook' it so it is still al dente. It will further cook in the oven.
2) In a skillet, over medium heat, sweat the onions until they are tender and translucent. Then add the ground beef and saute it until it is cooked through, Next add the Mushroom Dust, then add the Tomato Soup and simmer the beef mixture for about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Tast the mixture and adjust the seasonings to your preferences.
3) Combine the fried beef / onion mixture with the cooked egg noodles and mix well to combine all the ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings again.
4) Add the beef and pasta mixture to a casserole dish, and sprinkle the top with the shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese. Allow the casserole to rest for about a half hour so that it can 'set up' and all the flavors can come together.
5) While the casserole is setting up, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and wrap it with aluminum foil. When the oven is ready, bake the casserole in the 350 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes (covered) then remove the aluminum foil and continue to bake for another 15 - 20 minutes so that the last cheese on top will melt and slightly brown.
Submitted by Darin from Hawaii
Do you have a Helpful Hint of your own?
Tell us about it and we might publish it.
Do you have problem? Maybe we can help.
Click Here to tell us about it.