Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 13 Min
Serving Size: 6 Servings
1 tablespoon unsalted sweet cream butter
1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces,
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup frozen white pearl onions, thawed
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted, lightly crushed
1. In large skillet, heat butter over medium-high. Swirl to coat bottom of pan.
2. Add beans and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add broth, oregano, and pearl onions.
4. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes, or until the beans are tender crisp.
5. In small non-stick skillet, dry-roast almonds over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring and turning occasionally.
6. Sprinkle beans with sliced and crushed almonds.
1 serving equals 46 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 51 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3/4 vegetable, 1/2 fat.